Getting Ready to Redneck

It's less than one month until NASCAR comes to Phoenix International Raceway for the Subway Fresh 500 and Grandpa and I are making our plans.

We've already got our tickets.

Our friends, Tom and Janice, are loaning us their radios so we can listen in on all of the action.

Grandpa's working on getting us an RV parking spot for the weekend so we don't have to hoof it back and forth to a hotel.

Another friend, Beth, is working on pit passes for us. She works for Home Depot so I promised to pretend to like Tony Stewart, at list for a little bit.

We're also in negotiations on what's allowed in or on the RV. Grandpa's a Roush man all the way and he's declaring the RV a Ford only area which means no Jimmie Johnson/Chevrolet gear. That edict is pretty hypocritical if you ask me since Grandpa drives a Chevy Tahoe. I've already told him I'm bringing all of my Jimmie paraphernalia - cooler, jacket, shirts, towel, earrings, socks...the whole shebang. And, I'm going to buy even more stuff while I'm there, no doubt.

I can't wait!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020