Farewell, Mom O'Malley

Crime Dog already posted about losing Mom O'Malley but I wanted to add to it.

I've had the great pleasure of knowing the O'Malley family since I was a High School Freshman. (No, we won't go into how long ago that was.) Mom was one of the "cool" Moms. She was in her prime partying days back then and used to go out with her friends then come home to us kids who were partying ourselves and make us all breakfast.

She cruised with us, she went to club stuff with us, she helped us make Parrot Head hats, shirts and sunglasses, she played Bingo, Blackjack and Poker (I took her for several bucks last time we played) whenever she got the chance and she was funny as hell.

The past few years had been very challenging for Mom and those who loved her. She toughed it out as long as she could, I think mostly because she didn't want to leave the party.

The O'Malley Babes did something I think Mom would be very happy for. She passed away on Thursday which was the night before we were leaving for Florida. They spent Friday making arrangements then took a red-eye flight to catch up with us and go on the cruise. I know it was tough for them and there were some teary moments but she definitely would have wanted them to go try to have fun with friends.

Mom had a helluva life and I'm sorry to see her go but I'm looking forward to seeing her on the other side. I know she'll have the cards dealt, the chips counted and be ready to take my money this time.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020