More on the Cute Doctor (oh, and Steven, too)

The cute doctor so needs me. Well, maybe not me necessarily but someone who can actually schedule for him.

The first time we visited it was a last minute appointment so I wasn’t completely surprised to wait a couple of hours to get in.

The second time, the doc was in surgery and showed up 45 minutes after his appointments started. A riot almost ensued.

This time, Steven’s appointment was for 2. I decided to bring my laptop in so I could be somewhat productive (hey, writing up blog entries is productive!) while we waited.

And waiting, we are. As I type this, it’s 2:50 and we may be the next ones in.

At least the doc was actually in the office when we got here this time.

Much later….

We got in around 3 and the doc apologized for running behind because he had been stuck in surgery. It’s now a familiar tale. Steven and I chided him a bit about it, too. Gently, of course.

While he was writing some stuff up he asked, “How’s it going with your Jimmy Buffett group?”

I told him a little about the cruise and he remembered that I had mentioned it. Then he said, “It’s good to have some fun for a change and not always work so hard.”

Then I said, “You’re right about that. You should come check out some of our activities some time.”

Only, I didn’t say that. I choked. Big time. I didn’t say much beyond, “That’s so true.” Or, something lame like that.

After the doc left the room, Steven said, “He wants you.”

I am so much better at the flirting thing when I’ve had some liquid courage. Since I’m not going to shotgun Lites in the medical office parking lot I need to buck up and go for it.

Oh, for those wondering more about Steven and his injury and less about my feeble attempts to get a date, here’s an update:

He’s supposed to dump the crutches and try a few short trips a day without the boot. The boot goes away in two weeks. He needs to go to physical therapy next week to help regain some flexibility. There’s a lot of scar tissue forming that needs to be broken up. The doc flexed his foot a little bit and I swear I could hear the tissue crackle. I know Steven could feel it since he looked like he was going to cry.

Back to the doc’s office on April 6. That gives me three weeks to practice.

“You should come out and join us some time.”

“You should come to our next event. It’s going to be very fun.”

“We have a few events coming up. Maybe you’d like to come to one.”

Sigh. That shotgunning plan may not be totally out.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020