Cruise Stories - Poker

Brent, our Cruise Planner, had sent out a message asking if people were interested in doing a poker tourney while we were on board. I signed up and so did Rick Dudley. The list of players came out and I was one spot ahead of Rick. I told him, “That’s the only time I’m going to be ahead of you in anything related to poker”.

See, Rick is The Poker Guy. He has a custom table, chairs, big set of chips, runs a weekly home game and our club tournament. I just play in my little girlie games so I’m no competition for him.

They were having two, half hour No Limit Texas Hold ’Em Tournaments on Sunday night. I told Rick he should play in the first one while I watched then I would play in the second. I so did not want to go up against him.

When I got to the card room, there was still a spot open in his tourney so he told me, “Pull up a chair, kiddo, you’re in.”

Yikes. Not only was Rick playing but so were Brent and Brent Sr. (who owns the travel agency that sets up the cruise). I figured I was totally outclassed. I was also the only female which can sometimes be an advantage but can be a little intimidating.

Brent went out first then Rick took out Brent Sr.

Then, came the pivotal hand. Rick went all in against me and…. I took him out! I also took out the Drunken Cowboy that was playing in that same hand. Sweet!

I ended up placing third which I thought was decent.

I’ll never say I’m a gracious winner and I proved it the rest of the week. I managed to drop in little comments about poker, winning, taking Rick out, etc., every chance I got. And, if I wasn’t saying something, someone else was. I almost felt sorry for Rick.

Almost.

Of course, I can never play with him again because he’ll stomp me into the ground.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020