Just Let the Control Freak be in Control!

I'm trying to put together our plan for tomorrow's spring training game. It starts at 1 at Scottsdale Stadium which is pretty close to our office but has some parking issues so I think we need to get there somewhat early.

In prior years, we've left the office at 11 and hit a nearby Applebee's for a beer and some munchies before going to the game. I envisioned doing the same this year but they're conspiring against me.

Three of the guys are carpooling in from Awhatukee. Sounds like a good idea...except that the driver has to get a crown put on at 10:30. And, his dentist is back in Awhatukee so there's no way he's getting back here until 11:30 or 12. Another guy is a game time decision since he's on a big project and may have to work. Not sure how he's getting home at that point.

So, three of the guys may be late if the dentist appointment runs long. Another might not go at all. And, the dentist appt/driver guy thinks it's hilarious that I'm trying to plan and have no control at all over any of it (except for when I get there).

I did pass out all of the tickets so everyone's on his own. And, if there are dental problems I can always drive the other guys to the game so at least some of us make it there on time.

I'm not sure why it bugged me so much that I wasn't getting my plan of action followed but it did. I guess the control freak gene sometimes takes over. Maybe because I wanted to maximize the time I get to spend with my guys and that's just not going to be possible.

I've let it go, though.

Maybe.

No, I have.

Really...

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020