Baseball Stories

I went to the Diamondbacks game on Sunday. Randy Johnson was the starter and my friend's tickets were literally directly behind home plate in the lower level. You could easily see the movement on every pitch. Sweet!

They left Randy in too long, and he had crappy defense behind him, so they lost. Sad!

As we were settling into our seats before the game, I heard someone yell out, "Kathy!" Turns out, some club members (Kathleen and Alan) were sitting a few rows behind us. We chatted for a while and I mentally filed the incident in the "Small World" database.

I went again last night with some work buds. I didn't run into anyone else that I knew but I did come away with a story.

Audrey got into the food line and I got into the beer line. I read the sign…"card anyone under 30…" I figured I'd be out of luck. The woman took my order then said, "Do you have your ID with you? They're being kind of weird about them tonight."

I told her, "You should say, you look well under 30 so I need to check your ID."

She laughed then did the standard (please let that stay the standard for a really, really longtime) double-take when she saw my birth date. She then gushed about how I looked about 27 and wanted to know if my Mom looked really young for her age, too.

I think the 27 was pushing it but who am I to call a complete stranger a liar? I mean it wouldn't be polite and I'm always so polite.

My friend, Matt, got on to the Jumbo-tron and Arizona won so it was a good night all around. Well, except for T who got a text from our boss at 9:15 asking, "Do you have a minute?" I'm sure he had an enjoyable drive home talking to the Big Kahuna. We really do work in a 24-7 environment. I got a text, too, but it was canceling our 8 AM meeting today so I got to sleep in.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020