Initial Weigh In

Today was the first weigh in for our Biggest Loser contest at work. Each of us had to weigh in separately then we all stood on the scale together for a team weight. We were standing on a big (prob 5' by 5') shipping scale. Nothing about that makes you feel like a tub of goo!

We have 25 teams participating. That's over 1/4 of our Phoenix employees. I think that's pretty impressive. Of course, those 100 people probably gained a total of 500 pounds last week as they went on a last hurrah of binge eating.

Surprisingly, our team is not the heaviest. We're third, though. Two of my gang are committed to working out each morning in the corporate gym before work and I'm all over the Weight Watchers plan again. Or, I would be if my buddy Dave hadn't taken my WW books home over the weekend to look them over and forgotten to bring them back. I did record everything from today so I'll total it up tomorrow.

Apparently, just being in one big contest isn't exciting enough for Sugar Daddy. He proposed that we make a head to head side wager with the CFO's team. Also on that team are the company founder, his daughter and her husband (our CEO).

The wager amount? $1,000.

Yep, if they accept, I'm on the hook for $250 six months from now. Now, that's an incentive to lose weight.

I actually hope they turn us down. That's a lot of moola...

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020