Book Review - Outlaw Demon Wails

I really like this Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison. There's character development progression, supernatural stuff like demons and pixies and magic and, my favorite, vampires. I loves me the neck biters!

However, I was a little disappointed during the beginning of this book as I felt like it wasn't really progressing the story. Rachel was in mourning for her dead boyfriend, she hung out with her Mom, she and Ivy still had their issues... It felt like there wasn't enough action.

Somewhere along the line, though, it kicked in for me and I got into the story. Without trying to give any spoilers, there was good stuff with Al (does it say something about me that my favorite character is a demon?). Ceri and Trent and we learned a lot about Rachel's background which explained why she can do such unusual magic. There was also the usual Jenks sneaking in to help (really, is Rachel that dumb that she doesn't suspect he's always going to do that?) and Rachel and Ivy in some homoerotic scenes. I think we might see the latter get calmed down. It's getting a little old so I hope so.

Upon final review, it was a good continuation to the story and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020