Book Review - The Spellman Files

I've read several reviews that sang the praises of this book from first time novelist, Lisa Lutz. They were right, it was really fun. I polished it off in one sitting last night and I really hope there's a sequel.

The main character is Isabel (Izzy) Spellman whose family owns a PI firm. Her older brother is perfect, her younger sister is incredibly manipulative and literal and her parents constantly invade her private life. Actually, everyone in the Spellman family seems to be in everyone's business.

Izzy is a great character. I loved her view of the family and her attempt at a "normal" relationship while nothing at all about the Spellmans is normal.

I have to admit I figured out all of the mysteries in the story but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It was just dang funny. Even the acknowledgements cracked me up.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020