Book Review - Carpe Demon

One of the quotes on this book said something like "What would happen if Buffy grew up and moved to suburbia." I paraphrase because I'm too lazy to get off the couch and check the actual quote but it's pretty accurate.

The subtitle is "Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom, Book 1" and it sums the book up well. Kate Connor is a retired demon hunter who lost her first husband (not sure how but he was a demon hunter, too, so I suspect foul play) and is now remarried and keeping her past secret from her daughter and new husband.

However, demons start showing up in her neighborhood and she has to deal with the situation. She tries to keep her family safe and clueless about her activities while doing so.

It's actually like Shopaholic meets Buffy. I liked it a lot and I'll continue with the series.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020