Life On Mars

I loved Life On Mars on BBC. For those who don't know it, it was about a cop who gets hit by a car in 2008 and wakes up in 1973. As he tries to make his way "home", he as to deal with the very different society of 35 years ago along with a much less professional police department. Think smacking around suspects, drinking on the job and rampant discrimination.

It was a great puzzle. Was he really from 2008 or just nuts? Would he make it home? Would he finally want to go home if given the chance?

The final episode sort of wrapped it up while still leaving you wondering. I thought it was great TV.

Apparently, other folks did, too, because they made a US version of the show. It only lasted one season and I just got to the last episode tonight.

Wow. What a neat wrap up they did. It answered every question. I'm not sure that I liked that, though. While I love closure, I think I preferred the more open ending of the BBC version. Both shows were definitely worth watching so I'm glad that I did (though the US version started out a little slow).

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020