A Night at the 'Yotes

I've been to two hockey games this season. Both ended with a tie, OT and shoot out. The Roadrunners lost but the Coyotes won last night. It was fun!

Sugar Daddy, Cindy, Cheryl and I decided to hit a Coyotes game and it turned out that our schedules only permitted last night which was the last game of the season. We played the Ducks and there was a Ducks fan right behind us. I know because she had a particularly shrill screaming voice. Annoying!

I was afraid I was horribly under dressed. I wore sandals, jeans, a tee and a denim shirt. It was raining as we got to the arena and I was chilled before we even hit the door. Fortunately, the seats are made for skinny (OK, maybe regular sized) people so between Sugar Daddy and the woman next to me, I was kept quite warm during the game because we were squeezed in.

There's often a small world story involved when I go out and last night was no exception. They were doing all sorts of giveaways (we got nothing btw). One of the games involved a guest pulling a handle that triggered a prize board on the big screen. We saw a few people go through the game when Sugar Daddy said, "That's Ahi!"

Ahi not as in tuna but as in his pseudo-nephew. He ended up winning a 32" flat screen. Nice! His sister, Ihi, got to go on the ice after the game and get a signed stick from one of the players. Nice for both of them! They do have longer names than those but they're Hawaiian with lots of vowels and I can't spell them.

Nice evening - too bad the Coyotes didn't make the playoffs. It would have been fun to catch one of those games, too.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020