Best State Fair Ever!

I was in a meeting today and the person I was with asked if she could get back to me in the next few days on something. I told her to take her time because I was going on vacation to Iowa. She's from Iowa and couldn't imagine why I'd vacation there even when I told her it was to go to the Iowa State Fair. I have to follow that up with a loud, "Best state fair ever!" shout. That's been ingrained from talking to my friend Dawnie.

See, Dawnie is the one who can't wait for the fair and for Annette and me to come enjoy it with her. She's actually quite sad that we get in too late on Thursday to go for opening day but she's making the most of it.

How eager is she to share it all with us? Well, she queried a bunch of people on their top five fair foods and put it on a spreadsheet. Page two of the spreadsheet has their top five fair activities. She wanted to make sure we had the opportunity to pick the best stuff to partake of.

I think she's a little fair crazy.

I shared the spreadsheet with my work bud. After seeing Pork Chop On a Stick, Cheese Curds, Guinea Grinders, Double Ferris Wheel, Swallowing Goldfish (yeah, we're not sure what that's about) and the many other items on the list, my work bud went from incredulous that I was making the trip to jealous that she wasn't.



So can't wait! Especially for the Butter Cow!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020