Must Have and Now!

I am always unhappy with my hair. This is not news to anyone who knows me even remotely well. It's poodle curly and the underneath section in the back tends to turn into a huge bundle of snarls by the end of the day. It's also frizzy unless I put on a ton of product and then it looks greased up. Even when I blow it dry, it's still so frizzy that I have to run it all through a big curling iron. And, don't get me started on what humidity does to it.

In short, like most women, I hate it.

Many months ago, I came across an article on a technique called the Brazilian Blowout. No, it's not a hygiene or oral technique. It didn't go into a lot of detail but the gist was that it straightened your hair without harsh chemicals, left it smooth and shiny and lasted up to three months. Sounded awesome! Until, I got to the part where it said it was $350.

Yikes. Doing the mental math, it didn't seem worth almost $4 a day. So, I fought my natural immediate gratification urge and forgot about it.

Until last week when one of my girlfriends put a picture on Facebook of her newly done Brazilian Blowout. It looked fantastic! Knowing her hair was even curlier than mine to start with made it all the more awesome.

She was coming to town on Saturday and I spent the time leading up to it fantasizing about touching her hair. I know. It's creepy. I creeped myself out, even. She had said it was full and wavy with just air drying and I had to see and feel it myself to fully believe.

It was all true! Her hair looked great. Very healthy and shiny and smooth. It still had lots of body but no frizz at all.

Immediate gratification urges began anew. She'd found a place in Southern California that did it for $150. If that alone wasn't enough to make me make a trip for an appointment, the fact that I'm going there at the end of the month makes me want to call them right this very moment.

I started working on The Rocket Scientist with my plan. We've already taken that Friday off so if we just leave a “little” early, there's time to fit in my appointment before we go to the big weekend party event we're signed up for.

I could tell he wasn't keen on the idea but that I had a good chance of getting my way. Especially, if I tried to find a reasonably priced place here first and failed. The only hitch was that our friend Annette is going on the trip with us. TRS said that as long as they could find a bar to hang out with, he was good but I think he though Annette would veto it. However, I talked to her yesterday and she actually sounded like she was down with the plan. Much to his chagrin.

My desire for it all was notched up a level today after another one of my friends had it done and posted (again on Facebook because that's where we all communicate now) that it turned out fantastic.

So, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting it done whether it's here or in California. And, I suspect that once I have it, I'll want to keep having it.

Check out this link for before and after pictures. Yeah, my hair is as bad as some of those befores.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020