It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Are you ready for some football?

I am. One of my co-workers, not so much.

Some of the guys at work have had a fantasy football league for a few years. A couple people dropped out this season so they were looking for some replacements. I decided, what the hell, I'm already in another league with the club so what's one more?

I had a meeting today with a guy whom I'll call “Matthew” (because that's his name) who also decided to play in the league. He's never played fantasy football before and he figured they invited him because he'll be easy money.

After talking to him for a few minutes, I think he's right. Holey moley. The dude knows pretty much nothing about fantasy football. I tried to explain as much as I could but, crikey, there was so much he didn't know.

Like the fact that you can drop and add players as the season goes on. Apparently, he thought whom you drafted was it. He didn't know you could trade with other owners either.

He asked me if I prepared my desired roster ahead of time. I told him that you're at the mercy of everyone else and the best you can do is try to get the best available players when you pick. I think he thought it was worthwhile to decide whom you want in every position.

He didn't realize that we play head to head against each other during the season. And, didn't understand that there's a playoff.

In short, he literally had no clue. Which means, of course, that he's going to be league champ.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020