Book Review - Resistance

Resistance by Barry Lopez was another impulse library pick up. It's made up of fictional essays from various people going underground after some nefarious government agency targets them (Homeland Security symbolism, perhaps). This group of intellectuals got together and decided the government needs to get back to basics like life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and apparently that didn't go over well.

The uniting theme appeared to be pointless as most of the stories were just 'hey, here's my life and isn't it oh, so intellectually interesting and ooh, the places I've been?' stories. There were a lot of big words (or perhaps I should say multi-syllabic in keeping with the writing style?) that seemed to be there to impress. Eh, I know a lot of big words so they didn't do much for me.

The most interesting aspect of the stories was that the gender of the write wasn't revealed until part way in. Made it kinda fun to test my stereotypical responses. Otherwise, I didn't get too much out of this book.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020