Farewell, Mr. Scott

I'm a little late on this story as most of my fellow bloggers have posted on the passing of James Doohan. Scotty was by far my favorite Star Trek character...though Jean Luc Picard was a close second, mostly because I had the hots for him.

Besides being the ultimate role model for IT people (he was the best at lying about how long something will take to do. I've got my own formula: estimate how long something will actually take to do, multiply that by 3 and then double the total - the result is how long you tell the user it will be before something is done), Scotty was a cool dude. A fighter, a drinker and a man in love with his hardware. And by the latter, I mean the Enterprise, not something dirty.

On a personal note, as James Doohan and my Dad got older, they started to resemble each other. Short, round, graying, mustache...if you didn't know better, you could almost swear it was my Dad on the screen saving the day in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020