Palmeiro Gets 3,000 Hits

One of my favorite baseball players, Rafael Palmeiro, got his 3,000th hit yesterday. You can read all about it here.

I've been a Palmeiro fan since his Cubs days (OMG, that's 20 years ago!). I've always had a thing for first basemen, Palmeiro, Dave Magadan, Keith Hernandez (hmmmm, Keith Hernandez) and now Chad Tracy. Maybe it's because you get some great butt views when they're holding runners on first. But, I digress a bit.

Palmeiro, to me, is a worthy role model athlete. He's not a showboater, he just goes out and gives his all every game. You never hear about him throwing tantrums or snubbing fans. And, I don't believe Canseco's doping allegations about him either. He's consistently put up good numbers through his career and he's always had the same physique, unlike Giambi, Bonds and the like who are suddenly bigger or smaller because of a 'change in diet' or a 'new workout program'.

The Cubs have always been my team but through the years, I've also rooted for whomever Palmeiro played for. So, I've watched the Orioles and the Rangers (and still follow the latter because they have my other favorite player, David Dellucci).

It would be awesome for the Orioles to go all the way this year. The only thing lacking in Palmeiro's career is a World Series appearance.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020