Concert Review - The Downtown Chamber Series

A group of us caught the latest performance in The Downtown Chamber Series. These bi-monthly events are in small art spaces in the winter and at The Phoenix Art Museum in the summer. There were five performers for this event playing the viola, violin, cello, piano, double bass and a tenor singing one song.

The double bass was an awesome instrument. I'd never heard one before and Mike Kazepides was really good. He did a solo segment with three pieces. In the second piece, he somehow made it sound like a bagpipe and the third piece, Rabbath's Equation was magnificent.

During intermission, we scooted out to catch a quick look at the Surrealism Exhibit currently featured at the museum. It's not really my cup of tea but I did appreciate that I got to see two Chagals, a Kahlo and a Degas among the works.

The second act was all Schubert and was very well done. The musicians are mostly from the Phoenix Orchestra so they're all very talented and skilled.

Great show and I covered my 'culture' points for a while so I got that going for me.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020