Wannabe Annika But There's No Hope Of That

I’m golfing in this season’s first Bunker Golf Tournament tomorrow at Kierland Golf Club. They’re always great events and I either played in or volunteered for all but one of them last season so I’m really looking forward to it.

I jumped online to sign up when registration opened because this course sells out fast and was thrilled that it’s only costing $52. Awesome! But wait, what’s this about a 12:30 PM shotgun start!?!? In freaking so hot people are actually dying weather! WTF? But, it is for charity so I was prepared to load up on the agua and sweat out a few pounds for the cause.

Then, I read a little further and saw they have air conditioned carts. Air conditioned carts! How cool is that? (No pun intended.) I can’t wait to see how they work and if they help cool you off at all.

Golf carts with gizmos are so fun. I love the GPS that shows you the hole, the yardage and sometimes even suggests which club to use. I go through the same routine at each shot. Check out the GPS, think “pretty!”, tell my team we’re off the pace and need to quit screwing around then grab either my 5 wood or my putter (if I’m within 30 yards of the hole).

Sure, you can put a lot of thought into club selection (factor in distance, wind, direction, longitude and latitude, location of the 19th hole, etc.) but really, golfing is so much easier when you only use two clubs. It eliminates a lot of decision making and gives you more time for what’s really important; spotting and flagging down the beer wench.

Fore!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020