A Can't Not Watch Movie

We've all got those movies that you stumble on while channel surfing and just have to sit down and watch. Doesn't matter if you have stuff to do and they're not always the best movies out there, either. I caught one of my faves today when I turned on the TV while I was eating lunch.

It was Operation Petticoat from 1959. You may vaguely remember it as the movie with the pink submarine. There are some great names in there: the ever suave Cary Grant, Tony Curtis, Dina Merrill, Dick Sargent and Gavin McLeod.

I just love this flick. Grant's portrayal as the Captain trying to get back to the war while dealing with Curtis' bad boy Lt. Holden and having a bunch of women on board is just charming. I don't think the man made a bad movie, ever.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020