Gotta Love the 48 Team!

Jimmie kissing the bricks at Indy. (AP Photo used w/o permission)

What a great birthday present for Crew Chief Chad Knaus - a win at Indianapolis!

I love this team. They had a tire go down early in the race but they worked their butts off and Jimmie drove perfectly to get the win. His pass of Matt Kenseth after the final restart was just awesome (Sorry, Lime Dart).

When I first picked Jimmie as 'my' driver, I didn't know that much about him or the team (except that he was dreamy, made a lot of money as a rookie, and was young). I somehow made a great choice. This is a group that never, ever gives up. Sure, there've been some bumps in the road with Chad's suspension and some overly aggressive driving on Jimmie's part but they've been in contention for the championship in every full season that I've watched.

I'm veklempt just thinking about them...talk amongst yourselves...I'll give you a topic...which is weirder - that Tony Stewart has a pet monkey or that Elliot Sadler has 38 dogs?

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020