My Own Boss

One of things keeping me from posting as much as I used to is work.
I became my boss last week.


No, I didn't start my own business. I took over the IT Manager position that my boss had retired from. Even gained a corner office out of the deal.

It's going to be interesting, I'm sure. I've done the manager thing before but this position is way more administrative than I've ever done. Lots of maintenance and support contracts to control, all sorts of computer equipment and supplies to buy and many users to keep happy. I also, for the first time, report directly to Sugar Daddy.

The good thing is that I've been at my company nearly 8 years so I have a lot of knowledge about what's going on and can recall the history of why we're doing things the way we are. We do so many different things that it takes newcomers at least 6 months before they even get close to understanding that it will take another 6 months before they come close to getting it all.

It's going to be a challenge but I'm excited about it.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020