Perfect Mid-Week Break

Contrary to my previous 'pity poor little ole me' post, things are not all bad in Kathy's world.

Last night was great, in fact!

I met up with Doona, her sister Sarah and brother-in-law Jim at The Monastery III. It's a very cool place with a couple of sand volleyball courts and there was some nice eye candy playing.

Sarah and Jim are here for a visit on their way from Chicago to California where Sarah's going to get her MBA. We picked the Monastery so they could bring another member of their family, their dog Christopher Farley. They left the snake at Doona's, thank goodness.

Now, when I think of a dog named after the late Chris Farley, I think English Sheepdog, Lab, Retriever...big, goofy dogs. This Farley is a Miniature Pinscher. He's a teeny fellow but cute.

We grilled some cheeseburgers and chicken, drank some brews and shot the shit. I think I've only met Sarah and Jim once at Doona's 2004 Holiday Party but, being the friendly Mid-Westerners that we are, we seem to be more like old friends.

They're going to be staying in Grad student housing on campus and Doona and I talked about going to visit. It wouldn't take much enticing to get me to spend a weekend around some college boys!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020