That Was Some Storm!

I wouldn't have been surprised to see Noah last night; I was half expecting it as a matter of fact. I was pretty sure he was somewhere loading up the Ark in the huge storm we got.

It started pouring just as I left my house around 6:45. By the time I got from my front door to the carport, I was in drowned rat territory. There were big, fat drops of rain and they were coming in sideways.


I was talking to Sugar Daddy on my cell phone at the time and I literally couldn't hear him between the thunder and the rain on the carport cover. He was on his way home and going through a major dust storm while I was heading through the rain to book club. We compared notes on our rapidly decreasing visibility until it was too dangerous to talk and drive.

The streets were flooding and I could see neighborhoods with the power off. Lots of stop lights out, too. The nastiest was at Baseline and the 60. That was scary. However, by the time I got to Guadalupe (heading South), it was all clear. I don't think it rained at all at my final destination near Elliot and Mill.

Heading home was bad - I couldn't get there from where I was. A lot of the streets were shut down because of flooding and Tempe's Finest were out in force directing traffic. Unfortunately, for me, they were directing traffic away from my house. It took me nearly 40 minutes to get home where it's usually a 15 minute drive, tops.

As I was driving on McClintock, I could see that the power was all good on the West side of the road and all off on the East. Of course, I live on the East. Just past my complex, I could see the power was on in the corner strip mall but my complex was all dark. Well, most of it. It looked like the lights were on about 4 buildings further East. I guess I was just in a little dark island.

It was 9:40, I didn't have anything compelling enough to read by flashlight, no TV, no Internet...I decided to just go to bed. That's the earliest I've done that without being sick in I don't know how long. At some point during the night, I woke up and the A/C was going so my power was back. My friend Andrea's power was back on after 10 but Sugar Daddy didn't get his back on until nearly midnight.

This morning, traffic was really backed up and I'm guessing it's because some of the roads were still closed. There were lots of tree limbs and a few actual trees down in my hood. Nasty.

We're possibly in for more storms this weekend and, of course, I have plans to be out and about the whole time instead of being able to hunker down in my little house.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020