Crowned

I got my permanent crown installed today. It was way more painful than the crown prep and tooth sawing was.

First, she removed the temporary then cleaned up the area. I tried not to flinch too much as she was scraping cotton over newly exposed and tender gums. Then, she put the crown on for sizing which required pushing down on it really, really forcefully.

We went through the latter step several times. The crown was too high so they had to keep shaving a little bit off, putting it back in for me to bite test it, removing it, shaving, putting and testing, removing... Each time, I think she pushed it down even harder than the time before.

Finally, it fit nicely so they glued it down. The last bit of pain came from scraping the excess glue off. She had to go below the gum line to get it and man, that didn't feel too good.

She suggested I rinse with some warm salt water to make it feel better. I'll pass on that suggestion since the warm salt water will just make me vomit. I will, however, thoroughly irrigate the area tonight with some alcohol. That's got to be good for what ails me, right?

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020