Trip To The Dentist

I got in to the dentist this morning for the pre-crown prep on my broken tooth. My dentist took one look and one poke at the tooth and said, "Wow, this is really loose! Didn't it drive you crazy?" When I admitted it bugged me, he followed up with "It's just hanging by the gum. It gives me the willies just thinking about it!"



OK, I don't know about you but, when my dentist says my tooth gives him the willies, it makes me a little anxious. However, he assured me that if it had broken off I would have been OK since it wasn't attached to the nerve. Glad I stressed about that happening all weekend.



They numbed me up (pretty much they got the entire bottom of my face numbed) and I got praise for not flinching from the two Novocaine shots (my guy's big on praise). The next step was making molds for the crown so I had to sit through two sessions of silly putty hardening in my mouth. Because I'm a worrier, I'm always paranoid that they're going to forget the silly putty and it'll turn into a rock that they'll have to chip away bit by bit to remove.



Next up was the tooth removal. First, he pulled out the loose corner and gave it to me. It was free of gum material, thank goodness. Then, he started sawing. And sawing and sawing. The sound and feeling of it was kinda creepy. BTW, when your mouth is totally dry and packed with stuffing material and a saw, when you try to say the word "creepy" it comes out as "fweepy."



There were two more silly putty sessions before they put in the temporary. He told me not to floss around it. Since I get lectured about not flossing every time I visit the office, I thought that was pretty ironic.



I have to go back in two weeks for the permanent crown so I'll all that time to worry about popping off the temp but I will live on the parting praise, "You were a super patient!" The Hermione in me loves that.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020