Stop The Presses!

I actually had fun at work today!

OK, it was due to one of my extracurricular activities and not my regular job duties but, it was fun, none the less.

I'm the Facilitator for our Employee Recognition program. Employees nominate each other, our team evaluates the nominations and picks three winners per quarter. One employee gets to be the big winner of the year and we give him or her $1,000 towards a trip. Pretty nice.

Today, I presented the winners from the first half of the year. That meant I got up in front of about 80 people and presented the nominees and announced the winners. Many people would rather submit to Chinese water torture than be the focus of attention of that many people.

Not me!

I've never met a spotlight I didn't like so I love being center stage. I got to do some stand-up comedy and pick on people so it was quite fun for me.

I try to get other people on the team to present but they only do it reluctantly so I end up presenting most of the time. The bonus is living off the glow from the "Great presentation!" comments.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020