All Dressed Up With No Place To Go

I usually wear jeans to work. In the winter, I top them with a sweater. In the summer, it's a plain tee-shirt. Basic and comfortable and I'm not looking to impress anyone.

Every once in a while, I'll wear a dress or a skirt just to keep them guessing. Because, an unusual dress up day means one thing in the corporate world - job interview!

Today, I wore a herring bone skirt, black tights, a short sleeve white sweater and dress loafers. Heels were too much. I knew that it would get a reaction and, sure enough, my boss asked me (in front of everyone) if I had a job interview today. I said, "Yes, and I'm leaving at 4."

The reality was that our CFO was speaking to a local professional organization and I was, along with a few co-workers, going to see him. I figured it would be prudent to dress nicely, especially since I knew he would.

The day turned out to be one of good news and bad news. Good in that I didn't have an interview because I would have had to cancel it. Bad because we had system issues and had to completely shut down and restart our main database.

So, I ended up being at the office for almost 10 hours, missed the presentation and was dressed up for no reason.

I did get some compliments so I got that going for me. I'd have given them all back if our damn hardware would persistently work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Is How Fat Thinks

In Memory of My Mom

Good Time