Heat Seekers

I can't believe I'm watching another show on The Food Network. For someone who's an intermittent foodie at best, I sure have a lot of food related shows on my DVR.

Confession, I started watching Heat Seekers because I have a total celeb crush on Aarón Sanchez. He's the nicest, yet still honest, judge on Chopped and I think he's adorable to look at as well. Win, win. For me, perhaps, not for him.
Roger Mook and Aaron Sanchez, hosts of Heat Seekers.
The premise of the show is that the two hosts travel to different cities, interview chefs and try hot (as in spicy) food. I've only watched a couple of episodes but they seem to start with spicy then end with lava hot spicy. They get the recipes from the chefs, often help to prepare the food, give commentary on the flavors then egg each other on to finish the hottest dishes.

What I like (besides the eye candy) is that some of the dishes are ones that I would try. I really like spicy food. What I don't like is food that's so spicy that it just burns and you can't get any of the flavor.

It's sometimes a fine line. A line that they cross with the hottest dishes. I'm way past the stage where I can be goaded into trying something that hot just because someone else is. I'll concede I'm a wimp.

Actually, that's a lie. I've gotten to the toothpick tasting (it's so hot you just get a dab on a toothpick to put on your tongue) level at Peppers of Key West twice now because I wanted to prove I could. But, I'm not doing it again. I swear. At least I'm pretty sure I'm not doing it again.

Oh, hell, I will do it again if I'm challenged. Who am I kidding?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020