Boola

At some previous reunion, the planners were working on the list of names of people in our class. Apparently, we had no one whose last name started with "I". So, one of the guys made up a name, Boola Ingodatu, and they told everyone he was a foreign exchange student.

People bought the ruse (myself included). On the back of the big "C" sign, the creator (who also made up Boola) printed "Coronado High School" and "Boola Ingodatu". It cracked all of the planning committee up and they confessed the story.

The theme of the weekend somehow became Boola and Blondie took it up a big notch.

It started out innocently enough. We were drinking beers when the henna tattoo guy came by. The Babes and I have made a habit of getting temporary tats when we're on vacation so we gandered through the guy's sample pics. Mary decided to get a shark (I think) on her ankle.
This is where Blondie stepped it up.
She ended up with a nice Boola on her arm.
Mary had to get a Boola, too. Hers was just in a more interesting spot.
Of course, I couldn't be left out. I added an "82" to my Boola.
R wasn't up to a Boola so Blondie talked her into getting the "C".

The girls show off their artwork.

Back on the cruise ship, I was getting a drink and one of the guys behind the bar started saying, "Boola, boola". It took me a while to get why. He asked me what the 82 stood for and I said it was a lucky number. He said he thought it was the year I was born. I would've given that guy anything for that ego boost.

I have to tell you, that Mexican henna is good stuff. I can't get the thing off despite daily scrubbing. I keep having to explain it, too. I can't just let it go because it looks like a gangsta jail tattoo.

Sugar Daddy's been joking about it. We'll be trying to figure something out and he'll suddenly say, "What would Boola do?"

I think I have another week before it's gone but at least it's finally fading.








Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020