Pre-Cruise Fun.

I had a great time at my high school reunion!

Thursday night, we had a Don Voyage (our school was the Coronado Dons so we were pretty clever with that one) Party at Flicka's in Scottsdale. I was there a few minutes early because I couldn't wait to see everyone. The plan was for those folks who couldn't cruise to come show up and do a meet and greet.

There were about 50 people there throughout the evening. I tried to chat with all but I got hung up (in a nice way) with some people. I don't know how they would feel about being blogged about so I'll just use a code name (which happens to be their first initials so it's not that clever of a code).

There was the "cute" couple, A and M, who haven't changed a bit. Everyone remembered M because she was just about the nicest person in our class. She hasn't changed a bit. Hardly anyone remembered A because he was one of the quiet guys. It was pretty funny - people would come up all gushing over M and I would move in and say, "You remember A, right?"

There was S. Oh, S! She was one of the more interesting people in our class. Heart of gold, really smart but kooky. She brought a guy friend with her because "he" was the "social" one. She promptly left him alone and was chatting with people right and left.

There was D. D whom I have had a crush on for countless years. He was a nice guy in school and still is. I used to see him once a year at the Phoenix Buffett show and I'd be sure to get a nice hug. I hadn't seen for a while because he gave up on shows at Cricket Pavilion but I did get a hug so it was all good.

J was there, too. She and I hung out with two guys in grade school for several years. She was at the 10 Year Reunion but I haven't seen her since. It was so great to see her and to know that she was going on the cruise so we could spend some more time together.

Of course, the O'Malley Babes were there as well as some other folks I see regularily. I finally left at 11:30 which made for a nice 6 hour long Happy Hour. It didn't feel so nice when work called me at 6 AM on what should have been my vacation but at least it got me up and packing.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020