Free Weekend

As the last work week moved on to its end, I looked at my PDA and saw that I didn't have anything planned for Friday, Saturday or Sunday. At first, I thought it was a mirage. I honestly can't tell you the last weekend where I didn't have at least one event planned or errands to run.

My first thoughts revolved around doing stuff around the house. My bedroom looks like a women's clothing store threw up in it. My closet desperately needs to be cleaned out. My den is well, a disaster. And, the back patio still has frakking weeds despite my attempts at poisoning them.

My second thoughts were about calling someone to catch a movie or dinner or cocktails. I mean, what's the point of a free evening if you don't fill it with friends?

My third, and final, thought was, "Frak all those other thoughts!" I did a mental survey of the fridge and realized I wouldn't run out of Diet Pepsi so there was no need to go to the grocery store. I also counted up the books I had from the library that I hadn't read. The count was six and with my OCD, it was killing me that they weren't all read already.

So, I took the weekend off. I read a bunch, actually cooked all of my meals (made a great chicken stew sans recipe with all organic veggies, Marjoram, Sage and Rosemary) , and made only one trip out of the house to do a little unnecessary, but wanted, shopping (CDs, picture frames and hair products). I also took a couple of naps then stayed up late reading on both Friday and Saturday. It's very easy for me to go back to a night owl schedule.

It wasn't entirely peaceful - I did get one call from work on Saturday. Nothing can be perfect.

It was beautiful, though! And, I'm feeling refreshed and ready to face the upcoming week and looking forward to next weekend with no free time as I'll be in Salt Lake City and Park City with my Utah homies and Mark Mulligan.

There's no way I can have two weekends in a row with nothing to do.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020