Time To Clean The Oven

I don't really cook much (big surprise, I know) but I did notice the last time I used my oven (for frozen pizza) that it was a little dirty. Tonight, I was looking for a recipe to cook patty-pan squash. Never really noticed them before, wasn't sure if you could eat the rind or not so I found a recipe. It required the oven and I did debate the microwave option but passed.

Here's the recipe:
Preheat to 500 degrees.
Cut squash into 3/4 inch squares.
Cut 3 small red onions into 1 inch wedges.

Spray shallow roasting pan (which is a cookie sheet in my house) with olive oil spray, place veggies in pan and dust with Italian seasoning, pepper and Kosher salt. Spray a little more on the top, mix and cook for 8 minutes.

The problem happened when I opened the oven after preheating. I wouldn't exactly call it billowing smoke but it was visible. I quickly put the pan in but not before my smoke alarm started beeping. This, despite the fact that I already had the exhaust fan on.

I still cooked the squash and it was quite tasty.

As soon as I pulled the pan out, I started the self clean. I tried to live with opening the doors to keep the toxic fumes from overwhelming but it's too frakking hot in Phoenix right now. I let the temp get up to 84 inside before I cried Uncle.

So, I may asphyxiate but at least I won't be sweating while I do so.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020