Golfing With The Goat

I don't think I've golfed with Goat at Parrot Grande since the first year. I'm thinking that was deliberate on my part but that I had forgotten why. I have no one to blame for the pairings since I set them this year, though.

Here's how it works when you're with Goat.

The Goat demands complete silence and attention while he's hitting. While anyone else is hitting, he's talking, poking them or hitting his Mulligan right behind them.


Shhhh!

You will play Goat's ball at all times if it's anywhere near someone else's. Even if it's not really closer, he will determine that the angle is better or even that he is actually nearer to the pin despite appearances.

Despite those quirks, he's worth having because he can frakking drive the ball. He hit some great shots on our 9 hole round.

Pabla had some good ones, too. Eric and I were just happy to know that our shots got played once during the day.

Last year, we lost to a team that carded a 26 for their round. That same team was our competition this year and we stepped up to the challenge. We ended up with a 28 from the best ball scramble this year. We'll never match that again...mostly because no one will believe it and they'll probably give us pencils without erasers again.

As is our tradition, we ended our round at The Oasis, an outdoor bar and grill. Two plus hours and five or six beers later, we called our golfing adventure over. It was a good adventure.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020