Worst Poker Night, Ever!

Where to start at how miserable poker was last night?

Let's see, should I begin with the garbage cards that I got all night? I got one pocket pair the whole night, any time I got an Ace it was paired with garbage and none of my suited connectors matched the flop.

It seemed like our end of the table had no luck in cards. Jeff was to my right and he and I folded pretty much the same hand every time. I had 8-7 unsuited, he had 8-7 unsuited. It was like that the whole night. John was on my left and he didn't fare much better. We all started to play the garabage but it only worked out for John.

Or, should I start with how every time I was in the big or small blind and desperately wanting to see a cheap flop Tommy would put in a big raise? Tommy's an Irishman from New York - what's not to adore (well, the fact that he's a Yankees fan is a big negative)? And, I used to adore him. Used to. He ticked me off so much last night that I told him we were done. Our poker friendship is over. He tried to give me some BS about always having big pairs when he raised but I'm not buying it.

Oh, then there's the part about how I busted out before the rebuy round. First time that's happened, too. Yes, I was bitter.

How about John killing me because he played 6-2 and flopped trip 2s the one time I connected on a pair on the flop? That hurt.

Then there's the way I went out. I had pocket 5s and should have gone all in pre-flop. I was so short stacked that both John and Pirate Rick called me. They checked up until the river then Pirate Rick made a big bet and John folded. Turns out, I was ahead the whole time...until the river where both Rick and John paired up with a King.

Pirate Rick went all in not much later with a Full House. Unfortunately for him, John had a bigger Full House.

I'd like to blame the whole evening on solar flares or the planets being out of alignment because it was so weird for everyone. However, the final two were Wayne and John, not an uncommon event. I guess the best players do come out on top and the lucky players need to get lucky.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020