Trying to Reason With Monsoon Season*

I don't know what it is with Parrot Grande and the weather. Last year it was the hurricane, this year it was the monsoon. Our plan was to have the Friday night jam session out by the pool. We figured it would be pretty cool to float around and listen to some great music. All afternoon, we kept an eye on some dark skies and debated.


Beware the cloud...

"I think it's going away from us."

"We're going to get hit, we should move inside."

"Looks like it's going to miss us."

We decided to go for it and set up for the Jam outside. We had great entertainers on tap: Mark Mulligan, Bob Karwin, Ray Cody and imported from Atlanta, GA, Jim Asbell and the Tropiholics.


Mark, Todd, Jim, Ray and Lisa.

The gang got started and we were having some fun.

Then, the wind really got started and it wasn't so much fun.

After it looked like the lights were going to blow away and the performers were turning away from the wind to sing, we knew it was time to move the show. We all decided it was Mark Mulligan's fault that we didn't move inside sooner. We actually didn't get any rain but that wind would have been killer. Oh, and did I mention the lightning?


Bob and Mark keep the show going.

Just like last year, Bob (with Mark this time) entertained the crowd while we moved the equipment. I did have to buy him a rum and coke as an incentive but it was worth it. We got everything set up and the show went on. It was a little scary that I was doing the sound check so I got Mark to confirm my thought that it was too much bass. Nice to know I wasn't wrong.

It was a fun show and we danced up a storm (no pun intended) and were sad to see the evening end. So, we didn't let it end. Some of us moved up to the Penthouses and continued to party. I was doing pretty well with pacing myself but then Karwin made me a rum and coke and the pace accelerated a great deal.


One lucky guy.

I actually said yes to Mark when he asked me to rub his foot. Think I was drunk, or darn close to it?

Maybe this shot of tequila had something to do with it...?



Me and Captain Tom - it's a tradition!
*Pending a trademark by the Moose.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020