Loving the Shuffle

They had some door prizes at the tech lunch I went to last week - several iPod shuffles. Imagine my delight at winning one! Seems even total strangers want to give me presents.

I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it, though. I really like having all of my music available at a moment's notice which is why I love my iPod. The fact that there's no display and you're at the mercy of the playlist (you can skip a song once it starts, though) on the shuffle was something that I thought might bug me.

Cute!

It's so dang cute, though, that I decided to keep it. The only thing that I would change on the cuteness factor is I would prefer it in pink instead of silver. Not a surprise, I know.

I created a shuffle playlist on my iTunes and loaded it up Tuesday night. The list is has no discernible theme except that they are my absolute favorite tunes. I have all sorts of artists on there: Jimmy Buffett (of course, but not as much as you'd think), Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney, Eric Clapton, Eurythmics, Squeeze, Kinks, Rick Springfield (had to have Jessie's Girl!), Mark and Dave Mulligan, Brent Burns, Jim Asbell, Kelly McGuire, Rob Mehl, Lynyrd Skynyrd, AC/DC, Alice Cooper, Keith Whitley, Buddy Guy, Bananarama, Big and Rich.... OK, you get the drift, it's varied. You can set it to play from the beginning of your list or shuffle. I chose shuffle because the rapid genre changes keep me entertained.

The size and weight of the shuffle is negligible. It's about an inch by an inch and a half wide a a quarter inch thick and I can't even tell that I've got it hooked on my lanyard, it's so light. The battery life is great, too. I can go up to 12 hours without a recharge.

I'm really glad I decided to keep it. I'll still take my iPod on long trips but for work, the shuffle is perfect. And, my purse weighing less is a nice bonus.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020