Utah? Really?!?!

I've got lots of folks apparently living vicariously through my travels this year. They can't wait to hear where I've been, what I did while I was there and where I'm going next. They can see the allure of a Mexican cruise, long weekends in Rocky Point or San Carlos, Vegas, Key West...even my trip to Iowa/Wisconsin made sense since it's the homeland.

The one destination that just stumps them, though, is Utah. When I first went up this year, there were lots of questions as to why I was going. When I announced I was going back, there was real consternation. It just didn't compute in any way, shape or form.

Our VP of Sales tried to explain it. "You're not a Mormon, you're not into hiking, I don't think you're a camper..."

I get it. Why would a lazy, drunken heathen fly to Salt Lake City once, let alone twice in one year? And, be excited about it?

The only answer that makes sense to the group (and lots of people have come to the same conclusion) is that there must be a boy.

They're right.

Only it's not just one boy. (I am me, after all.)

The first trip was because my friend Mark Mulligan was doing two shows up there. The next trip is because Kelly McGuire, another trop-rock guy, is doing a show. Both shows are in Lewie's backyard. That's three boys right there.

Then, there are my other boys that I've hung with outside of Utah. Rhett, who's a bigger social butterfly than I am in Key West, if that's even possible. Mike, who's hung with us here in AZ and with whom I've spent countless hours IMing (and countless minutes of those hours worrying about him driving and typing at the same time). My soul mate, Gary - we've yet to discover a topic or attitude that we are not completely in sync on (including the fact that neither of us should really be without adult supervision though we think we can handle it...and the two of us together definitely require a keeper).

BTW, I'm sure they would all rather be called men than boys but, hey, it's my blog.

There are lots of other great boys and girls in Utah and I can't wait to see them all again. They are a genuinely warm, friendly and welcoming group and they certainly were wonderful to me on my last visit.

Less than three weeks and counting...

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020