Presents!

For some reason, people like to give me trinkets. Out of the blue, someone will hand me something and say, "I got this for you." I don't ask for any of it but I'm oh, so happy to get it.

It could be because I'm into so many different things that it's easy to see an item while out and about that reminds them of me. NASCAR, Princess, Parrot Head, Football, Baseball, Lacrosse, books, Harry Potter, poker, Miller Lite...there's just so much that I like.

It might be because I am so sincerely delighted (I really am) and greet every gift with childlike joy (I really do) that it just makes the giver happy in return.

Maybe it's that people are just trying to stay on my good side.

No matter the reason, I loves me the presents!

Pirate Rick and Julie gave me 4 Jimmie Johnson pens on Saturday at our Board meeting. These are no simple pens, mind you. You click on a button and a yellow 48 is projected out of the end. It shows up great on a black wall in a dimly lit room (or restaurant which is where we were). I played with it through the whole meeting, projecting it on my paper, my hand, the wall, the table and other people. In the interest of full disclosure, I think I killed the battery on the first pen in just that sitting.

Monday, I got into work and one of my buds had a gift for me. He'd been in the Homeland to visit our catalog printer and picked something up while he was there. It's flashing badge with the Green Bay Packers logo on it. It's got a clip on it so it will probably make an appearance at Parrot Grande during the evening festivities.

It's good to be the Princess...

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020