Americana

Moose, Woody, Lexy and I had dinner on the patio at the Elk's Lodge last night. Moose is actually a member and they were OK with a competing animal joining their ranks.

It might sound surprising, but the Lodge is pretty cool. Sure, there's an abundance of old codgers shuffling around but they're friendly old codgers. Everyone says hi and bye and they seem really happy to see you there.

An apparent Octogenarian let me in the front door. He was quite dashing in his heavy sweater (it was 80 out) and cataract sunglasses. I have no doubt I could have sat at the bar with him and had a great hours long conversation. I do well with the old folk.

There are also some people who look to be in their late 30s and 40s and several with younger kids running around hanging at the Lodge. The kids probably have a blast there since they have a swimming pool out back and a pool table room to keep them occupied.

Dinner is a bargain. For $8, you get to pick out your own steak, get a baked potato, side salad, roll and fruit. They also have chicken and some other protein but I always get the cow. You grill your own so mine always comes out perfectly uncooked. Yummers.

Moose, Woody and I were splitting Miller Lite pitchers. They cost $6 and were pretty good sized. Quite the bargain. Moose came back outside after a beer run and said, "You know what else they have on tap here? Pabst Blue Ribbon."

PBR! One of the crappy beers from my childhood. Not that I was a big beer drinker when I lived in the Homeland. Really. I mean, I was only 9 when we moved. But, the PBR label, much like the Hamm's Bear, takes me right back to those days.

We decided to make our next pitcher PBR. It was only $5! Nostalgia at a bargain price!

Who woulda thunk it but the Elks Lodge may become our new favorite hangout

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020