Tales From Rocky Point - Last Man Standing

The Pirate Captain, Unruly Julie, The Rocket Scientist and I just spent a long weekend in Rocky Point at La Casa de Catnip Y Annette. There are so many different stories to tell. I'm probably going to forget many of them. I'm sure they'll chime in when I do and supply corrections when I've "misremembered".

Just like last time, one of the little games we played was Last Man Standing. Basically, whomever stays up the latest wins. They're also the most tired the next day but it's all about pride so we try to win. Well, Annette doesn't but I think she may be smarter than most.

We got down there late Thursday night and the Tequila, Rum and beer were flowing. We sat around the kitchen counter and told stories and laughed until late. Really, really late. Catnip and I claimed the prize when we went to bed sometime after 3. The smartest thing we did was down a bottle of water each before retiring. It helped a lot the next morning.

Now, I don't want to say we're getting old but maybe we are. The second night we went to bed between 2 and 3, the third between 1 and 2 and the fourth between 12 and 1. We also slept in a little later, too.

The "victors" each night were Catnip and me but the others had a chance on Sunday. Catnip even said it out loud, "I'm probably only going to make it about 15 minutes more." Annette was already in bed but the rest of the gang was still moving. Sorta. Within a few minutes, though, they were all in bed. And passed out, too. I was 5 minutes behind TRS (drinking that all important water) and he didn't even hear me come into the bedroom because he was dead to the world.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020