Tales From Rocky Point - Tequila Time

I am not a big Tequila drinker. There were about a dozen too many bad experiences in my sordid past for me to blot out to enjoy it. Especially, if there's a strong Tequila smell. shudder

Some of the gang quite enjoys it, though. Last trip to Rocky Point, I took some baby sips out of The Rocket Scientist's glass just to feel like I was one of the cool kids but they went through several bottles.

We decided to stop at The Tequila Factory one afternoon. They had lots of different flavors and brands in there. They also had a Tequila tasting bar set up. We bellied up and started sampling shot (albeit a small shot) after shot.

The traditional stuff was not my thing. I tried but couldn't get past a sip or two on some of them. Fortunately, TRS finished off one of my shots and I poured the rest into the dumping cup. However, once we got to the flavored Tequilas, I was all over it.

The green apple was yummy, the peach and quince not so much, the coffee good and the caramel was to die for. Gustavo, our sampler, noticed I liked the flavored stuff so he started giving me seconds and combining flavors for me. At the end of it all, I'm pretty sure I had more straight Tequila in that hour than I've had in the past three years combined.

We tried all of these.

I didn't buy anything but the Pirate Captain and Julie dumped all of their cash in the store and TRS and Annette made some purchases, too. Several of those bottles got emptied before the weekend was over and I even poured myself my very own glass of the caramel.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020