Best Laid Plans

Not everyone was Wasting Away in Margaritaville.

I thought I had a really good plan for the Wednesday before PHINS. Dawnie was supposed to get in at 6:30. Steven, The Rocket Scientist and I were going to pick her up at the airport and drive straight to Margaritaville where we'd meet up with some of the rest of our posse.

First issue with the plan: The Rocket Scientist disavowed any knowledge that he was part of it. He said, "I knew you were planning that but I didn't assume I was part of it." I know I told him. That led to several dialogues composed of "You didn't tell me" countered with "You don't listen to me."

However, we got it squared away (I mean, really, when have I not included him a Parrot Head plan?) and Pirate Rick was able to join us so Steven, TRS and Rick were supposed to hit my house around 5:45.

I got a text from Dawnie around 4 that she was sitting in her plane at Denver and they were taking off in 15 minutes. Cool. I was just leaving work and had plenty of time to pack before the boys got to my place.

Everyone was on the move when Dawnie sent me a text. She was still on the ground. Apparently, they would move the plan back from the gate and the engine would stall. They'd then tow it back in, work on it and repeat the process. At that point, she was probably going to be almost an hour late. She called me a little later to say they were making a decision at 7 (6 our time) whether it would be fixed or they'd have to get on another plane.

I emailed the gang who was meeting us at Mville to tell them we'd be late and that whomever got there first should get us a table for 10. The boys started trickling in and I updated them and offered them a beer as we were going to have to wait a bit. I was the only taker on the beer.

We waited impatiently for 6 to arrive to get our update. They finally decided to get them a new plane and Dawnie's new ETA was 8:45. Crap. That was too late to get her to Mville that night.

We headed out for Margaritaville anyway and actually beat the gang there. We had a nice meal and our waitress was very, very patient with The Goat who was in Goat form. Just as we were wrapping up, Dawnie hit the ground so we swung by and picked her up on our way home.

She and I did hit Mville on Thursday on the way to Laughlin so she could check it out and shop. Some of the kids were there so we got say early "hellos" to everyone which was nice.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020