Tales From Rocky Point - Coaster Flipping

Talk about silly games people play... Coaster Flipping has got to be near the top of the list yet it kept us engaged over two different nights. Clearly, alcohol was a factor. If you don't know what it is, you set a stack of coasters on the edge of the counter, flip them up in the air then try to catch them all in one hand.

The Rocket Scientist started it, I think out of boredom. Or, it could have been to show off. He's not so bad at it.

TRS showing the downward flip motion.

Success!


Of course, the other boys had to get in on the action. The Pirate Captain tried it. He was not so good. He ended up playing some kind of tossing game instead. I'm not sure what the goal was but I ended up getting lots of flying coasters in the face. Hmmm, that might have been his goal, come to think of it.

Not exactly catching the coasters.

Catnip also had to try it. He's a guy who's not afraid to seek out advice. He ended up Googling (of course!) and found some videos on utube that he studied very carefully. One of the guys there flipped and caught 45 coasters at once. Now, I don't know the guy but he looked like he spent his entire free time in his basement surfing the computer and playing games by himself...if you know what I mean.

Catnip tries it out.

Annette's purloined Chili's coasters took a beating as they tried to outdo each other. (Side note, don't go to Chili's with Annette unless you're not embarrassed by blatant acquisitioning.) No one could top TRS, though.

It was soooo nerd...er, I mean, sexy to watch him perform. So much so that I told him it was all I could do not to jump him right then and there in the kitchen. Somehow, I found the strength to restrain myself.

Addendum: While I thought I mentioned the most important part of the story from his perspective (I mean, how many times have I admitted to barely keeping my hands off of him?) I guess I missed the most critical detail. The Casa de Catnip Y Annette record for Coaster Flipping is 25 and is currently held by The Rocket Scientist. Happy now?

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020