Touche

A little back story first...one of the stupid arguments that The Rocket Scientist and I have had is over whether he's a conformist. I mean, come on, he comes across as the total rule following get-along guy. He says it's so not true.

At dinner tonight, he was telling me about his work day and said he was in a meeting where they were trying to define a consistent use for some fields on a form. He said something like, "You know me, I'm all about conforming" and his Project Manager just busted up laughing. At the apparent absurdity so it seems.

He concluded the story with this statement, "So, even though you thought I was a conformist and I thought you weren't high maintenance, we were both wrong."

Man! How could I come back with anything to that? I said a feeble, "Hey, I don't like the way that worked out." I had to concede it was a brilliant jab. Dammit.

See, he's not as nice as everyone thinks he is...but, he is pretty clever.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020