Book Review - Curse of the Spellmans: A Novel

I whipped through this second Spellman book by Lisa Lutz- it was that entertaining. It starts off with Izzy explaining to her lawyer why she's been arrested four times in the past few months (though she claims two arrests "dont't count") while investigating her parents' new neighbor, the suspiciously named John Brown.

Of course, she also investigates her family members' activities and they return the favor. A lot of stuff was going on in this one and we get to see much more of Inspector Henry Stone. He's a great addition to the cast of characters and the cursed one from the book's title (at least in my opinion). Cursed because he's been sucked into the Spellman world.

I love the writing style with all of the footnotes and the appendix. It was especially fun for me that they watched the new Doctor Who with comments on each episode. It's one of my favorite current shows.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020