The Battle of Wills Continues

To no one's surprise, I'm losing.

The latest bad kitty behavior is jumping on the kitchen counter and the dining room table. George used to try every once in a while but the spray bottle threat would get her to jump down. Since she destroyed the bottle, I guess she thinks it's OK to be up there now.

A few days ago, I was packing a snack for work when I turned around to find the demon on the counter. I told her "No!" pretty loudly but it didn't phase her. I ended up smacking her on the butt and she jumped down and gave me this, "I can't believe you did that to me" look. That love tap (it really wasn't hard so don't call CPS on me) hasn't kept her from getting up there again.

The other night, she was on the dining room table and didn't get off when I yelled at her. I had to get up, go over and swat her butt again before she would jump down.

It's the blatant disregard that gets to me. It used to just take a sharp "No" and she would jump down. Now, it's almost like she's openly defying me. Actually, she is openly defying me.

I need to replace that water bottle and get several more...

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020