The Hits Just Keep on Coming

I thought Saturday's misadventures were enough drama for the weekend. Apparently, karma didn't because it's gone from bad to worse since then.

I had big plans for working around the house on Sunday. Lots of laundry and cleaning topped the list. I started the washer and dumped my sheets in. Fortunately, I went back down the hall for something because there was water coming out from under the washer. I turned it off and threw some towels down to sop it up then sent a text to The Rocket Scientist about it while trying to figure out how much a new stackable unit was going to cost me.

After bailing nearly all of the water out and putting my soaked sheets into the bathroom sink, I called Steven and asked him to come over and help me move the washer so we could see if it was a leaking hose. He asked, "Why don't you call The Rocket Scientist?" My reply was to the effect that it's not TSR's job to deal with my every emergency so he needed to come over.

He did and pulled the washer out. We couldn't see any leaks from the hose and there wasn't any more water coming out from the bottom. So, we pondered and I hypothesized that maybe it was the sensor so I started a small load. No leaks so I threw stuff back in and ran the whole load. No leaks from that so I tried another load, this time with the water level on high. No leaks again.

By this time, TRS sent me a text saying he'd been busy and asking if I had it under control. Apparently, I did. He suggested that the sheets could have been floating on top of the water so it completely filled as usual but when they finally got wet and sank it caused the water to overflow. I bought that theory since it meant I didn't have to spend any cash to fix the problem.

The rest of the day went OK but Monday morning was, well, let's just say a disappointing start to my week. Several things happened that put me in a funk. Sugar Daddy agreed it was just carry over from our weekend.

I managed to get out of work on time and back to my house to meet up with TRS at 5:30 for the Diamondbacks game. I'd free tickets from work so that was cool. As we were tooling down the 202 (he was driving, of course, I'm NEVER doing it again), I heard this noise. Kind of a repetitive thumping. I asked him if he thought that was the road or my car. He said he'd been trying to figure it out.

I decided I was going with the road because I spent a boatload of money on my car a while back and it had been completely checked out by the dealer. However, as we got on to 3rd Street, the sound persisted. We were both pretty sure it was a flat tire.

Somehow, we were lucky enough to make it into the parking garage before it went completely flat. We got out of the car to look at it and TRS said, "No sense worrying about it now, I'll change it after the game." I took his advice and tried to forget about it but I couldn't help but think I was lucky he was with me and it hadn't happened tomorrow when Norene and I are going to be downtown for Lyle Lovett.

We grabbed some giant dogs and beverages and settled into our seats. Things were looking up until Barry Bond's head double and his buddies sat down in front of us. I'm telling you, this guy's head was bigger than Sputnik. It didn't help that he was also big and so was one of his buddies. They pretty much forced the kid next to them to move to the other side of his family so he could see and they all leaned forward so my view of the plate was completely blocked.

As I craned my head back and forth, I told TRS, "You're lucky I'm not two more beers into the night or I would tell those guys that we could all see the game if they would just sit back live everyone else." He agreed he was lucky.

We thought about moving over but there were little kids behind us that we would have blocked so we toughed it out. Pumpkinhead and his buddies all got up and left during the game and I was hoping we were free from them but they came back a few innings later with food and drinks. This time, it was TRS who got blocked.

The game was exciting. We went down 3-0 in the first inning but came back hard. Connor Jackson when 2-4 and he made it to third base twice so I got to watch his butt while he was there. TRS did not share my enthusiasm for one of Connor's finer attributes but he put up with it.

Lyons almost blew it and we ended up winning 13-7. I really thought it was going to be 14. I have the DBacks in a 13 Run Pool and they hadn't scored a 13 yet and a 14 would count for nothing. I lucked out.

We walked back to the car and started emptying out my trunk to get to the spare. I was thankful that I'd done some cleaning in there a while back. I'd taken my golf clubs, a blow up doll and lots of loose papers out but there was still a bunch of crap. Some of that crap: 3 camp chairs, 2 windshield shades, 12 or more golf balls and assorted tees, a dart board, a giant foam cowboy hat, 2 towels, 2 baseball caps, 1 visor, 1 parrot head decorated straw hat, BOD notes from 2 years, a baseball scoring book, a baseball program, a car duster, metallic pipe cleaners, 2 t-shirts and a partridge in a pear tree. Well, there could have been a partridge or a tree in there and I probably wouldn't have noticed.

TRS took out the spare and changed the tire while I played Ralphie and held the lug nuts (without dropping them or the f-bomb). I gotta tell you, TRS is a keeper. He had the tire changed in no time at all and he was quite chipper about it. He'd make a great boyfriend.

We drove home without getting on the freeway so it was a fairly long journey. I did fret that my car was going to make for an attractive nuisance for the car theft punks in the 'hood because of all the crap that was now in the back seat but I was too tired to do anything about it.

My plan was to go to Discount Tire when they opened at 8 this morning but I forgot I had a phone interview at 9. There was no way to do both so I worked from home, did the interview then headed to Discount.

Apparently, they'd issued a recall on some valve stems because the place was packed. My tire was toast so I needed to buy a new one and they said it was an hour and a half wait. Great. I was there without a book even. I killed some time by going across the street to Staples and having lunch at McDonald's but it really took the full hour and a half. Just how I wanted to spend the middle of my day.

To top it off, George is feeling neglected and is acting up. She's dumped her water dish twice in as many days, peed on top of the container holding her food and chewed several holes in the water bottle that I was using to train her. We sat down for some quality time tonight but I'm going to be gone tomorrow night and Thursday so I'm afraid to even think about what damage she'll do in that time.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020