Tales From The Midwest - Moscow Mules

People from the Midwest have heard of Moscow Mules. I'm not sure that's well known here in the Southwest, though. I hadn't heard of them until my trip last year.

The ingredients are Vodka, lime juice and Ginger Beer. Some people make them with Ginger Ale but that's not right. They are very refreshing and, if served right, are icy cold. They're supposed to be served in a copper or pewter mug and that makes them chill down to an incredible level.

Yum!

2007

My flight didn't leave until Monday afternoon so Dawnie took me on a little bar tour on our way to the airport. Our final stop was where we encountered the Mules.

Cheers!

Oh my, they were so yummy! And the mugs were so cute!

Good stuff!

I tried to find the mugs to buy (at a reasonable price) after I got home but without success. I'm sure someone will have them up on EBay at some point but not at a price I'm willing to pay.

2008

Dawnie and I were headed over to Tyson and De's on Friday morning. We had said we'd be there at noon and we were running early. Dawnie had a brainstorm and suggested we go to this Italian place near Ty and De's house for a Mule. Pete was on her way over, too, so met up.

We headed into the bar part of the restaurant and ordered up three Moscow Mules. The bartender said, "Um, I can't do that." What? Oh, the disappointment!

Upon future questioning, he told us that he could only make one traditional Mule because the patrons had stolen all but one mug. How rude.

Just as good as I remembered!

We ordered three with one mug and the other two in glasses. Since I was the guest in town, the girls were kind enough to let me have the mug. If we'd had time for three, I would have suggested rotating the mug.

Pete thought they were good even without the mug.

Dawnie like hers, too.

Unfortunately, we only had time for one Mule but I was just happy for that opportunity.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020